You have decided to take a tutorial and be more fluent in French. Here are the details.
Please contact me if we haven’t yet talked about when to meet. Here is a time converter, just in case. Just so that you know, I’m most likely going to be in Brittany, France or in Vermont, USA when we meet.
I prefer using ZOOM for our lessons. However, we can also use Skype, Facetime or Google+, or just the phone if you’ll call me when we have class. If there’s another way that I don’t know of, I could always check it out and let you know if it’s possible on my end.
For Skype, you need your own Skype account, and a good wifi network. Sometimes, the wifi isn’t as strong or reliable, and that’s all right. We can still use Skype, but one of us (you generally) can turn their camera off and we can still have a perfectly good lesson. So, make sure
- you download ZOOM onto your computer or tablet
- your wifi is reliable enough
You can make your payment(s) – single or multiple – at the bottom of the ‘private French tutoring’ page. or directly on this Tutoring Check-Out page. Each payment is due a week before your scheduled lesson.
I use the chat/text message box as a ‘classroom blackboard’ to send you French information and to receive your writing as well. Make sure you set up your ZOOM screen so you can see the ‘Chat’ box or the ‘Instant Messaging’.
Homework? Did I hear ‘homework’?
Do you really want to make progress? I’ll be sending you a class follow-up with tailored suggestions of material to study after each lesson we have together. Pick and choose what you want to work on. We’re not in school anymore. So, don’t feel you have to study between our meetings if you don’t have time. In any case, we’ll go over your questions when we meet. Please allow 24 hours for me to send that ‘follow up’ email to you.
So, no pressure, those follow-up exercices are mere suggestions to further our class and speed up your improvement in French.
Need to reschedule a class? Life does happen outside of French lessons, unfortunately 🙂 Once in a while, we may have to reschedule a class. I prefer rescheduling than canceling. Rescheduling is important for securing my schedule and for keeping your progress momentum.
Up to 24 hours before
If you must cancel up to 24 hours before our scheduled class, I will be happy to provide you with a couple of alternative time slots, so you’re not charged for that class.
Within 24 hours
If you must cancel within 24 hours of our scheduled class, the class is due in full.
If, for some reason, you can’t make it at the last minute, I will wait for you online for 5 minutes for a 30-minute class and for 10 minutes for a 60-minute class. After that, our class will be canceled and charged.
What we can do together
Examples of what we can do together:
- talk and practice a casual or a guided conversation. On bavarde, on bavarde.
- role play any given situation (great if you’re going to France soon)
- read a newspaper article and work on pronunciation, vocabulary and culture points. Qu’est-ce qui se passe en ce moment ?
- listen to and work on a short video excerpt from a news or YouTube channel
- work on a specific grammar point or vocabulary worksheet
- practice, drill and do follow-up homework assignments – some people like this. Si, si, je vous le jure !
- read a whole short story together and learn tons from it
- listen to the weekly news and talk about it in class
- do a very-French exercise called “la dictée“. Dictations are excellent exercises for you to put two and two together. You’ll be amazed at the progress you make with dictations. Anne has a whole bunch of very targeted dictations to please all levels and all interests
- prepare you for an exam such as the DELF/DALF
- bring you up to speed for your French class
- I can accommodate pretty much all of your needs to get you where you want in French. Just let me know what you need.
Please send me a message acknowledging you’ve read this page and you agree with the terms.
Just in case you’d like to do this in French 🙂 that message would read something like: ‘J’ai bien lu votre page de bienvenue aux cours particuliers et j’en approuve les termes.’
I’m looking forward to our first lesson. Let me know if there is something you’d like to work on for our first lesson. If not, depending on your level, we’ll chat and get to know one another. It will give me an opportunity to assess your needs and plan a curriculum.
J’ai hâte à notre premier cours.
. Today’s French . List . Mot du Jour . List . Le Blogue . 3 Great Memberships . Donate . Go to Courses .