THERE IS, THERE ARE AND MORE
IL Y A is a verb phrase and is used a lot, in many different contexts in French. Learn them all here with me and practice with my exercise about IL Y A.
The expression “il y a” means different things and has different meanings in French.
il y a, il y aura, il n’y a pas, il n’y a pas de quoi, il y a combien de temps que…
IL Y A is used a lot in French. Get all the rules here and do this exercise with me. See how much you know about IL Y A.
EXO – Practice
Translate the sentences into French with a form or IL Y A in all of them.
- There is a bowl on the table.
- It will be sunny this afternoon.
- There were a lot of people.
- I would go to the circus if there were magicians.
- Didn’t you come here 2 years ago already?
- How long has the company existed?
- Il y a un bol sur la table.
- Il y aura du soleil cet après-midi.
- Il y avait beaucoup de monde.
- J’irais bien au cirque s’il y avait des magiciens.
- Tu n’es pas déjà venue il y a 2 ans ?
- Il y a combien de temps que la boite existe ?
Further your French – Allez plus Loin