About TO SEEM – Today’s French
Traduire TO SEEM
In this lesson, you’ll learn how to use TO SEEM in French.
- a list of translations for TO SEEM in French
- practice and answers
- where to go next to keep going with French
À propos de TO SEEM
Translating TO SEEM is complex because of its many close translations in French. In short, we’ll say that TO SEEM is most often translated by PARAITRE, SEMBLER, AVOIR L’IMPRESSION, or AVOIR L’AIR.
Usage, rather than vocabulary will help you figure it all out. Write or record your own sentences in context and send them to me so I can help you sort it out.
The more mistakes you make, the faster you’ll come to understand French, even if this seems contradictory 🙂
About TO SEEM
Voyons tous les synonymes de TO SEEM.
Let’s go over the many synonyms for TO SEEM.
- it seems that, someone says, I’ve heard that, to be probable, to look like …. il parait que, il est probable que
- it seems (that), to be probable …. il semble que (subjunctive and formal)
- it seems to me that, to be probable …. Il me semble que (indicative and formal)
- to seem, to appear …. on dirait, avoir l’aspect de, ressembler à, avoir l’air
- to seem, I feel that …. j’ai l’impression que, on dirait que
- to seem, to appear, to start to show …. paraitre, poindre
Exercice – Practice
Print and translate the sentences from one language to the other. French to English (la version) is easier. English to French (la thèse) a bit more challenging.
- Il parait que l’émission va être annulée.
- Il semble que l’économie ait souffert de la crise.
- Il me semble que nous n’irons pas là-bas.
- On dirait qu’il va pleuvoir.
- J’ai l’impression que le serveur commence juste sa formation.
- Au printemps, on voit paraitre les bruyères à Bréhat.
- It seems like the show is going to be canceled.
- The economy seems to have suffered from the crisis.
- It seems to me that we won’t be going there.
- It seems/appears as if it’s going to rain.
- It seems like the waiter is just starting his training.
- In the spring, heather appears in Bréhat.
Next – Vous aimerez aussi